Most of the team-work results in the cancellation or a delay of the project because of the disfuntionality of the team and the team leader. However, there are steps that can be taken for the effective team results:
- Leaders and the team have to follow the right behavior.
- Leaders have to clearly define roles and expectations right from the beginning.
- For better communication, individual meetings with team members are very essential.
- Understanding each other well among team members will help in creating trust, more responsibility etc., for solving problems.
- Every team member needs to commit to the project and the team as well as the desire to improve one’s own performance.
- Leader should set a goal, create follow-up meetings, and communitcate that deadlines have to be strictly followed.
- The leader has to set a mission statement and to develop communication strategies for his team.
- Young professionals should be included in a team for the better usability of mixture of ideas.
A problem in the team project should be solved through the way of conducting productive meetings and discussions of the problem by all team members in order to find out the proper solution. Proper commitments and strategies must be applied to the whole team so that it will end up with better team results.